print PRINT

POLITICS

GOJ official slams ROK’s extension of ban on journalist’s leaving country

  • 2015-01-15 15:00:00
  • , Sankei
  • Translation

(Sankei: January 15, 2015 – p.1)

 

 With respect to the extension of barring Tatsuya Kato, former Seoul bureau chief of the Sankei Newspaper, from leaving South Korea, a senior administration official criticized the South Korean action as “outrageous.” In reference to the Chief Cabinet Secretary Suga’s comment “it is an act unbecoming a democratic country” made in October last year in response to barring Kato from leaving the country for three months, the administration official said, “He should have made the comment in a stronger tone.”

 

 A government source said: “Enough is enough. It is really regrettable.”

 

  • Ambassador
  • Ukraine
  • OPINION POLLS
  • COVID-19
  • Trending Japan