The following is the monthly ranking of bestsellers released by book wholesaler Nippon Shuppan Hanbai Inc. (NIPPAN) on Feb. 27:
1. Furansujin wa Jucchakushika Fuku wo Motanai by Jennifer L. Scott
[The French Have Only Ten Items of Clothing; original English title: “Lessons from Madame Chic”]
Each chapter of the book reveals a valuable secret the author learned while under Madame Chic’s tutelage in Paris – tips you can incorporate into your own life, no matter where you live or the size of your budget.
2. NARUTO Kakashi Hiden – Hyoten no Kaminari (comic book) by Masahi Kishimoto
- [Naruto: Secret of Kakashi – Thunder of Hyoten]
- Naruto is a Japanese manga series. Reportedly, as of September 2014, the manga has more than 200 million copies in print, with over 130 million copies in Japan and the remaining 75 million overseas. The manga series is available in 35 countries outside Japan.
3. Saraba! (two-volume book) by Kanako Nishi, winner of 152nd Naoki Prize
The lead character, Ayumu Akutsu, was born in Iran where his father was assigned to a branch office of a Japanese company. After the Iranian Revolution, his family lived in Osaka. When Ayumu was an elementary school student, he and his family moved to Egypt, where an incident occurred that had a significant impact on his life.
4. C hugoku Yome Nikki (comic book) by Junichi Inoue
[Diary of My Chinese Wife]
This comic book is a compilation of four-frame comic strips that were initially posted on the author’s blog. Inoue, an illustrator, conveys interesting aspects of Chinese culture that he learned from his Chinese wife.
5. Shin Senso Ron by Akira Ikegami & Masaru Sato
[New War Theory]
Popular journalist Akira Ikegami and former Foreign Ministry intelligence analyst Masaru Sato discuss the international situation in this book.