(Asahi: July 16, 2015 – p.37)
The Japan Congress of Journalists (JCJ) announced on July 15 this year’s winners of the JCJ award, which is given for prominent activities or products. “A Series of Reports on the Campaign to Question This Country’s Democracy Based on Futenma and Henoko Issue” by Ryukyu Shimpo (Representative, Editorial Department Deputy Chief and Press Department Chief Tsuyoshi Matsumoto) won the top prize. Other award winners are as follows:
· Hokkaido Shimbun Press/”Memo behind Bars Questions, Hokkaido Spelling Education League Case” by Reporter Naoko Satake.
· Tokyo Shimbun/”Three Constitutional Scholars’ Articulation of Unconstitutionality Scoop” and a series of reports on the Abe administration.
· Shigeki Kashida/”Nightmare Superexpress Maglev Central Shinkansen” (Junposha)
· Kyosuke Shinnami/”Cow and Soil, Fukushima, 3.11 and Thereafter” (Shueisha)
· TBS/”Sunday Morning”
· Hiroshi Matsuda, for his longtime contributions to journalism and research.