All networks gave extensive top play to reports that a 26-year-old man was arrested early this morning after going on a stabbing rampage at a facility for the intellectually challenged in Sagamihara, Kanagawa, earlier in the morning. Nineteen people were confirmed dead and 20 people were seriously injured. Kanagawa Governor Kuroiwa held a press conference this morning, during which he said that the man was a full-time employee at the facility from 2012 to February 2016. The man reportedly told the police that it would be better if the disabled disappeared. Fuji TV and TV Asahi reported that the suspect visited the official residence of the Lower House speaker on February 14 to deliver a letter calling on him to allow euthanasia for the disabled.