Asahi wrote that concerning an incident in which a parachute was discovered on a junior high school tennis court in Hamura in Tokyo on Tuesday, Colonel Mark Mullarkey of Yokota AB visited Hamura City Hall and the school to apologize for the incident. The colonel explained that parachute drop drills, which have been suspended since the incident, will be resumed on Thursday. Nikkei wrote that Yokota AB also announced on Wednesday that the drills will be resumed on Thursday. The base also reportedly said that its investigation has found that the parachute was dropped in accordance with the proper procedures. The paper quoted Chief Cabinet Secretary Suga as saying at a press briefing on Wednesday that the U.S. military has told the Japanese government that it would suspend parachute drop drills until the cause of the incident had been determined.