The bare bones of proposed revisions to the Livelihood Protection Law and other laws
- Municipalities will have an obligation to make sincere efforts to encourage the poor to use consultation services.
- Minimum standards will be introduced to free or cheap accommodation facilities.
- “Housing for supporting daily life” will be established for the elderly poor to support their lives.
- Subsidies for preparing for higher education will be provided to students from households receiving public assistance who are advancing to university.
- The annual payment of childcare allowance to single-parent households will be divided from the current three times into six times.
- Recipients of welfare will in principle be prescribed generic pharmaceuticals.