Main points of proposed revisions to the law to promote measures against child poverty
– Municipalities are obliged to make sincere efforts to draw up plans regarding measures against poverty.
– The outline of the government’s measures against child poverty should include the poverty rate of single-parent households and the university enrollment rate of children from families on welfare.
– The outline should reflect opinions of children and their guardians who live in poverty.
– The incomes of guardians who are in poverty should be increased.
– Measures against poverty should respect opinions of children.
– Measures against poverty should be based on the fact that there are various social factors behind poverty.