[Following are the key proposals made by the government’s expert panel regarding the healthcare framework in light of COVID-19.]
- Set up “core medical institutions” to focus on care for COVID-19 patients with severe or moderate symptoms.
- Train personnel capable of providing intensive care to those with severe cases of COVID-19
- Request that nonessential hospitalization and surgery be postponed.
- Consider setting up temporary medical facilities as necessary.
- Clarify the status of hospital bed vacancy by coordinating hospital admittances.
- Be thorough in infection control in order to prevent hospital-acquired infection.
- Secure masks and gowns and other protective gear