print PRINT

SECURITY > Okinawa

Okinawa Defense Bureau to resume reclamation work at Henoko today

  • June 11, 2020
  • , NHK
  • JMH Summary

NHK reported on Thursday evening that the Okinawa Defense Bureau announced earlier in the day that it will resume today the Futenma relocation work at Henoko, Nago, which has been suspended for nearly two months following the finding that one of the workers tested positive for COVID-19 on April 16. The network said since no other workers have tested positive for the virus and there have been zero new cases in Okinawa for more than a month, the Okinawa Defense Bureau decided to resume the work today. The network said although the bureau was planning to fill the 39-hectare area already surrounded by seawalls by this summer, only 40% of it has been filled, adding that a delay in the relocation plan is unavoidable.

  • Ambassador
  • Ukraine
  • OPINION POLLS
  • COVID-19
  • Trending Japan